I had a day of things going around like mad in the office, like I don't know where to put myself after I had been done with a project and was said to be transferred to another, and then the other project just wont badge at the moment when I'm so ready to work at it 'coz ... doing nothing is actually harder than I thought, I wound up tidying my desk every 10 minutes! I do pray for breaks but ... having a break for a long time just wont do for me! Especially when I still have to wake up early and report to work before 8:30 AM just to:
1. Check my mails.
2. Eat lunch
3. Munch on snacks
4. Tidy my desk.
5. Munch on snacks.
6. Have Java Chip Frap
7. Check my mails.
8. ...Count my pens? ...
Never easy to be idle. It also doesn't help that my office overlooks malls, Starbucks and other "spend here" related structures! That my mind frequently works on where to go after work, that I'm sooo anxious to get out of the office, that makes time seem to stand still...longerrrr!
Anyway, speaking of jobs... I just realized that some jobs around here offers a lot of customer-care, that we've become the most "spoiled"customers in the world. For one we have people for pumping gas, in most parts of the world that I've been to... we do that ourselves, we get out of the car no matter what the weather is and pump gas. When buying groceries, we don't have to bother bagging the items we bought 'coz somebody will briskly do it and when you've got plenty, they'll even have a cart for you with a sign that says "no tipping please" ... though I sometimes feel like giving, they just wont accept, and lately, I noticed that now their vests says: How May I Help You? AND! whenever we eat out... we don't have to put away things, we just pay and go no matter if it's just the fast food or a restaurant ...well, probably by these we get our moneys worth or maybe they still charge us a bit for it ... like VAT for the government, but this one goes to some "hidden charges" ... I dunno but I definitely appreciate the convenience!
Reminds me though of a PC game I'm addicted to ... Diner Dash ... ever heard of that?! madness! completely madness but I loved it! You get to play as a waitress with all those chores and had to keep the customers happy or else they lose heart points and give you lesser tip! aarrgghhh... that game! But I have now a much higher respect for the one's that works in customer service, I mean ... it's a tough job to meet different kinds of people everyday wanting to get the BEST service out of you ... what if you're really tired? what if you're not feeling well?
... So, even if one time a pharmacist had forgotten to put the medicine I bought in my bag and I needed it badly, I didn't lash out at her considering the trouble that I had to go out my way just to get it the next day ... worse she herself has forgotten if she did or did not put it in my bag ... hmmphh ... if I had been another customer, I would've been really mad! But I was calm and just made her feel that I'm the sincerest person and I'm not lying about the medicine, I just want it now because I need it, I'm sick and that they could check the stocks later and left them my number because I don't buy their excuse of not being able to account it now 'coz there'd been a lot of customers wanting to buy my medicine ... really? ... wait! really?! It's not like I'm buying vitamins!
Anyway, with lots of smiles and sunshine, the manager had given me the tablets I need, without making me wait until they had their stocks accounted. Great! see? a calm and very respectful way of arguing could lead you to a very amicable settlement...
... Now what?! My dress shirt got stains ... from the java chip frapuccino I just had... my boss had to point on my shoulder where the stain is! aaccckkkk....
Well.well. wadayanaw! I also have some stains in the front ... oh yeah right! I was trying to get to the bottom of my drink where the chocolate chips are, which leaves me frustrated 'coz they keep clogging the straw! How trivial to notice, but I do... when things are not happening for me lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment