

The moment I saw the trailer of this film, I knew it wont be anywhere close to the famed Sophie Kinsella novel and wadayanaw! I was right.
Well, I did watch the film for the sake of watching it with friends and in high hopes that somehow I'd be wrong in saying all the negative stuff about the trailer and the photos for the promotion ... as I was utterly disappointed on how they made a CLOWN out of Rebecca Bloomwood, the heroine of this novel and as far as I picture her as relayed by the book, she is a sensible young woman with fine taste in brands and fashion, while the ONLY thing that's wrong in her life is her excessive spending but nonetheless, she is a witty financial journalist with ideas plucked from her inner guilt and thus giving away the most true-to-life advices in handling finances... Or at least if she was that clumsy or colorful or vivacious ...she coul'dve looked a bit more sophisticated, just a bit ... if I was at all wrong about my impressions on her in the book, at least NOT like as portrayed in the film that made her expensive outfits look cheap!
and that was only the first part of my musings! haha ... Well, above all that! I'm very, very, very disappointed with the plot as well, where on earth did they get the idea that Luke Brandon wasn't succesful yet? and that he looks rather like a boy than the guy described in the book as being uber handsome and fashionable as well ... being a multi-millionaire! The moment of their first meeting in the book ... is one of the funniest and sweetest. why do they have to make another story out of a story that it's based upon? It's just so wrong what they did with Sophie Kinsella's books ... it's like the producers had bought the Shopaholic series, ripped them apart and pieced the books together in the most irrecognizable way!
Now, I've lost the beautiful pictures of Rebecca Bloomwood and Luke Brandon in my head. Wrong actor to play Luke Brandon ... Tarquin is another catastrophe in the cast!!! he was supposed to look like an alien!!! Tall and lanky! I'd even prefer the guy who played Tarquin play Luke Brandon and the other way around...
Anyway, this movie is a disaster! If you've read the shopaholic, you'll immediately get what I mean. If it wasn't titled the "Confessions of a Shopaholic"? you'd hardly recognize it was.
hmmn...Well, it's a matter of opinion, this is mine.
2 comments:
i don't mind if you follow my blog. may i follow yours??
Oh! no problem at all ^_^
Post a Comment