Wednesday, May 13, 2009

will I ever?

'Just wondering whether I'd be able to appreciate sci-fi movies again, because I tried but really, I can't! I used to love it but now it somehow becomes ... laughable. What's wrong with me?! Movies are supposed to entertain and be fictional, it's supposed to have those "superhuman" elements that's why "effects" are expected at some point to heighten viewers reaction! ... but what's wrong with me?! haha I don't get the same reaction and excitement anymore as action/sci-fi movies have become more and more dependent on computer generated objects or scenes. I'm now also becoming very critical about how actors portray their roles, I sometimes become unconvinced that they are actually the persons played in the movie. hmmnn... this is bad, the silverscreen have lost its touch on me! More like a child losing hope in fairytales and Santa Claus! But do I really wanna get it back? ... uhmm ... well, probably not. I'll leave those kind of movies to the ones who believe them and are entertained by them, if Star Wars and Star Trek still fascinates them, I have nothing against it! In fact, "good for you, your imagination still works!", because mine needs tweaking!

But have I told you that if I'm not a believer on the computer generated scenes in a movie, I tend to enjoy a full-length computer generated movie instead?! Yeah, those funny-looking creatures and kid stuff! Tell me, there is something wrong here!!! Nemo, Monster Inc., Bug's Life ... those sort of things? I loove them. hmnn ... well, yeah I wish I could love Fast and Furious as much as when it first made the screen, I wish I could love Wolverine fully ... because I "was" a comic book fan and was glad at how the movie turned out, but still ... I went home feeling ... just normal ... without after thoughts. Not like the Kung-fu Panda that we enjoyed the lines and used them to make funny comments! ...

OK, so my preference has turned upside down - inside out. That I'd rather watch a full scale computer generated movie than to have it in between scenes, which makes me sigh and say: "I wish there'll be just more "human" stories. More about people, emotions, laughter, love ... even war movies without too much "effect" is good! Now, I'll be watching out for more Meg Ryan movies, or Hugh Grant and my personal love for Kate Hudson, who stars in movies that makes my heart happy! No wonder why I also like French films though I have to be very fast in reading the subtitles! Because they mostly tell about human experiences and the actors look the part, they aren't as glossy as the hollywood stars that when they make films the character don't get mixed up by their image.

Anyway, this doesn't mean I'll stop becoming a fan of Hollywood or showbiz, it's not their fault, it's mine ... 'sounding like a break up for no real reason but just falling out of love. Maybe it's also about me "aging" that I lost my enthusiasm for "make-believe" things. That as we grow older, our ability to be patient is shortened by always wanting the facts right away! That our ability to trust in our dreams is lessened by our ambitious wants.

And for that I feel ashmed for having lost the magic.

No comments: